Welcome to the Fulton Schools!
Off to a great start
Congratulations on your admission to the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University! We are happy you have chosen our program, and understand you may be eager to begin your studies right away.
To help you get a great start, we recommend you complete the checklists below before you begin classes. You’ll feel prepared and ready to start after learning more about how ASU online classes are conducted.
Although not required, completing these items before starting classes will help you avoid some common issues.
Your success is important to us!
Step 1: Prepare for registration
Enroll in and complete the “Fulton Schools Welcome for Online students”
- Register and complete the ASU Online Orientation This course is a seven-day free orientation to help you adjust to ASU online courses and become familiar with ASU resources. Refer to your My ASU task list.
- Submit transfer courses for evaluation
- Take math placement exam (if required)
- Connect with your academic advising office* for your major (viewable on your My ASU page) to:
- Determine your first math class at ASU
- Determine your first English class at ASU
- Register for your first semester classes
Step 2: Plan for success
- Connect with your Success Coach (viewable on your My ASU page)
- Finalize Financial arrangements (contact Financial Services, if applicable)
- Become familiar with ASU’s Academic Calendar
- Secure materials for classes:
- Computer applications required for classes
- Text books
- Lab kits
- Academic Planner
- Download checklists
Once you’ve completed the checklists above, you should be ready to successfully start classes at ASU.
If there is not enough time to complete these checklists prior to your anticipated start date, consider delaying your start until the next 7.5 week session. In the meantime you will have access to advisors, success coaches, and resources on your MyASU account to help you get ready.
Remember to check your ASU email and My ASU for other action items you may need to take.
We are pleased you are going to be joining one of America’s best online programs and are glad you will call the Fulton Schools home.
All done? Congratulations!
You have completed the steps that will help you have a smooth transition to becoming a Fulton Schools online student. If you have any questions about your next steps, make an appointment with your advisor.
*Electrical engineering students, please contact the ECEE advising office at (480) 965-3424 or email email@example.com to sign up for your New Student Webinar which will act as your initial advising appointment.