Congratulations, grads! Mark the date on your calendar! Fulton Schools Convocation is Monday, May 3, 2021, at 8:30 a.m. MST.
We are excited to announce we are offering a new way to celebrate this semester.
Celebrate virtually with friends and family!
This spring the Fulton Schools Convocation includes a “virtual pre-party!” We are including a real-time, live social event at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, May 3.
Although the experience is entirely online, you and your guests will be able to celebrate with faculty, advisors and staff in two custom 3D virtual ASU environments — Old Main and Sun Devil Stadium.
After virtually socializing your friends and family at Old Main, you will automatically be “transported” to the virtual Sun Devil Stadium to watch the one-hour Convocation ceremony “on the big screen.” No walking or parking necessary! No need to switch to watching the ceremony online!
Like any live event, it only happens once, so make your plans and be there!
Or watch Convocation when it works best for you
Trying to coordinate a grad party across time zones or across the globe? Need to choose your own time and place to celebrate? We’ve got you covered!
Convocation videos will premiere Monday, May 3, at 9 a.m. MST, and they will be available from that time forward for your own celebration.
Our high-spirited Convocation featuring the conferral of degrees, student representatives and a welcome message from the Engineering Alumni Chapter will be available any time after the premiere, allowing you to watch or re-watch at your leisure.
Register for Convocation through My ASU
- Go to My ASU and RSVP for graduation by Wednesday, April 21 at 11:59 p.m. in order to unlock options for customizing your slide.
- You can upload a photo and personal statement until Wednesday, April 21, 2021. (The slide will automatically include your name and degree information.)
- Video clips will be accepted until Wednesday, April 28, 2021.
- Choose “Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering” to provide information related to our online video ceremony.
- Choose “Graduation at ASU’s Virtual Campus” to request up to 5 guest passes for the virtual ceremony that starts at 8:30 a.m.
Due to the size of our graduating class and ASU’s guidelines for holding events, we are hosting a live, real-time virtual ceremony. When you register for “Graduation at ASU’s Virtual Campus”, you will be able to invite up to five guests to join you at this event. Go to My ASU and RSVP for graduation, then look for the “Graduation at ASU’s Virtual Campus” options.
In-person events are being planned by some schools and programs. Look for emails from your advisors to alert you about events that you can attend. In-person events are for graduates only. No family, friends or other visitors may attend.
Have questions or need help?
Grad Fair is open (again!)
You can still purchase your cap and gown! Grad Fair will reopen from Friday, March 26, 2021, to Tuesday, April 6, 2021. In addition, all four bookstores will have regalia available for purchase on-site.
- Order by Tuesday, April 6, 2021, to receive your cap and gown by Tuesday, April 20, 2021 — just in time to snap a photo for your custom graduation slide.
- Order between Wednesday, April 7, 2021, and Friday, April 16, 2021, to receive regalia by Monday, May 3, 2021.
Grad Images will take on-campus photos through April 11
Thursday, April 1, 2021, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. in Cooley Ballroom
Schedule your session
Get your photo in front of Old Main or near the “2021” figure.
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Friday, April 9, 2021, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 10, 2021, 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
The “2021” figure will be up near Old Main on the Tempe campus through Sunday, April 18, 2021, for you to come by and take your own photo.
Get social! We want to celebrate your achievements. Use #ASUGrad when posting photos and videos from your celebration to social media for a chance to be featured on ASU’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Got questions? The university’s Frequently Asked Questions has answers about the Spring 2021 University Virtual Commencement and Convocation events. And you can also check out the Fulton Schools Convocation website.