The end of the spring 2019 semester is fast approaching and your academic success, as well as your health and wellness, are important to us. Whether you are a first-year student facing your first round of final exams, or a graduate student preparing for graduation, proper planning is key. You may want to consider following some of these tips and suggestions:
• Double check on Blackboard or Canvas the date and time of your final exams for each class.
• If you have more than three final exams on the same day, contact an instructor to move one to a different day.
• Prioritize studying for tests that have the most impact on your grades.
• Review quizzes, exams and homework, and rework sample/practice problems.
• Eat a nourishing meal and get a good night’s sleep before each of your exams.
• Check the Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers schedules (specifically Virtual Tutoring): The final day the Tutoring Centers will be open for the spring 2019 semester is Friday, April 26, 2019. (Our tutors are students too!) The Centers will reopen for the summer 2019 session on Monday, May 20, 2019.
• Free tutoring services are also available to students at the Polytechnic campus, Tempe campus and online. Search for a Tutor who can help with any of your class needs.
• The Writing Centers employ student tutors who have been recommended by their writing instructors to help you organize your thoughts, cite your sources, and revise your papers.
• Students who are experiencing overwhelming stress or anxiety should consider scheduling a confidential appointment with ASU Counseling Services at 480-965-6146 (Tempe campus) or 480-727-1255. A counselor will be able to refer you to counseling resources in your local community. After hours/weekends call Empact’s 24 Hour ASU-dedicated crisis hotline: 480-921-1006.
We wish you the very best as you prepare for and take your final exams this spring!