The end of the spring 2018 semester is fast approaching and your academic success, as well as your health and wellness, are important to us. Whether you are a first-year student facing your first round of final exams, or a graduate student preparing for Commencement, proper planning is key. You may want to consider following some of these tips and suggestions:
- Double check on Blackboard the date/time of your final exams for each class.
- If you have more than three final exams on the same day, contact an instructor to move one to a different day.
- Prioritize studying for tests that have the most impact on your grades.
- Review quizzes, exams and homework, and rework sample/practice problems.
- Eat a nourishing meal and get a good night’s sleep before each of your exams.
- Check the Fulton Schools Tutoring Centers schedules (specifically Virtual Tutoring): The final day the Tutoring Centers will be open for the spring 2018 semester is Friday, April 27, 2018. (Our tutors are students too!) <strong>The Centers will reopen for the summer 2018 semester on Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
- Free tutoring services are also available to students at the Polytechnic campus, Tempe campus and online. Search for a Tutor who can help with any of your class needs.
- The Writing Centers employ student tutors who have been recommended by their writing instructors to help you organize your thoughts, cite your sources, and revise your papers.
- Students who are experiencing overwhelming stress or anxiety should consider scheduling a confidential appointment with ASU Counseling Services at 480-965-6146 (Tempe). A counselor will be able to refer you to counseling resources in your local community. After hours/weekends call Empact’s 24 Hour ASU-dedicated crisis hotline: 480-921-1006.
We wish you the very best as you prepare for and take your final exams this spring!