Engineering Undergraduate Teaching Assistants (UGTAs) and ASU 101 Section Leaders improve the educational experience of freshmen by including successful students like you in the classroom. UGTAs/Section Leaders assist a faculty member in their program to engage students in exploratory and collaborative learning activities in a freshman-level class.
- Spend about 5 hours per week assisting a faculty member in the classroom or lab
- Meet with your faculty member on a regular basis to prepare for activities
- Enroll in our online FSE 201 or FSE394: Engineering Undergraduate Learning Assistant (1 unit) course for Spring semester
- Improve communication and leadership skills
- Develop a working relationship with a faculty member in your program
- Earn valuable experience for your resume
- Get recognized at an appreciation dinner with the Schools’ leadership
- Earn course credit on your transcript
- UGTAs receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of the semester
- ASU 101 Section Leaders and Online UGTAs receive a $500 stipend per section (max of two sections for $1,000) at the end of the semester.
- Sophomore, junior or senior level
- Academic good standing; No academic violations
- For most courses, UGTAs must have completed the course with a grade of “B” or higher
Questions? Contact Nicolle Sanchez at email@example.com.