We hope you’ve had an enjoyable summer and relaxed a little bit between your summer session classes!
Many of you provided feedback in February about the proposed program fee for students enrolled in an Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering program managed through ASU Online. Thank you for offering your experiences, recommendations and ideas. Your feedback has helped shape our plans for enhancing your online student experience.
The proposed fee was approved to ensure that our digital immersion/online undergraduate Fulton Schools students receive high quality instruction, support, advising, and faculty engagement. This fee of $100 per credit hour, with a maximum of $900 per semester, will be assessed for new students entering in the fall 2016 semester. The fee will then be fully implemented for all students (both new and current) beginning in fall 2018.
Revenue from the fee will be used to support these specific areas within your online program:
- Need-based financial aid to assist online Fulton Schools students with tuition assistance
- Higher quality courses with rich online content and robust interactive activities.
- Development of lab kits and technical support for critical software and hardware tools, ensuring access, support and resources are comparable to those of on-campus students.
- More faculty-student engagement with personalized, rapid feedback on course assignments.
- Complete platform to support student engagement and networking opportunities that promote involvement in the ASU community, skill development and career success.
- More course offerings in the sequence and timeframe that students need for graduation.
- Advising structure and platform that establishes a close student-advisor relationship and is designed to ensure student success.
For students entering in the fall 2016 semester, you will already see this fee reflected in the charges on your student account in My ASU for fall 2016. The tuition rates posted through ASU Online also include the new program fee. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.